In the midst of everything, we did manage to enjoy Halloween. Now, I always get excited about the spooky celebration every year. But this year, we just so happen to live in a town that goes absolutely nuts for it! This area is apparently (in)famous for eerie encounters at the end of October, not in any small part due to the history of this town (asylums and such). A monster block party (no pun intended) is thrown every year and shuts down the streets of the uptown area. Live bands serenade costumed revelers throughout the night, and even mounties are present (to ensure nobody spends the night passed out in the street). Of course, for those who aren't such avid partiers, the costumes people choose is enough to keep one entertained the whole night through. There were some pretty fantastic costumes, not all of which could possibly be featured on my humble page, but here are some.
Ok, so the first picture is kinda interesting. This guy transformed his bike into a gondola, complete with oar and mustache. He rode up and down the hills of uptown ALL night. Next pic shows part of the massive crowd that showed up for All Hallow's. 3rd pic: yeah that's right, Tetris - a genius costume. Next, 4 different Forrest Gumps, another very creative idea. And lastly, Drew and two other "Jims" we found - for those of you living under a rock, it's from the Office.
In other news, the trees are now almost completely bare here. I have to say it is kind of sad to watch the forests dwindle from overwhelmingly lush to the point where they actually shut out the light, to being so bare that you can see the ground everywhere. But this emptiness is what makes spring so wonderful. Before everything fell, I managed to grab a few shots of the leaves in their brilliantly colored stage, I invite you to enjoy those now...
Of course, with Halloween having come and gone, it is now time to wrap oneself in the warm and cheery holidays that are Thanksgiving and Christmas. I can't wait to watch all the holiday specials, cheesy lifetime movies, and of course the food network shows all made just for me and Drew to enjoy those cold winter nights that are coming. Happy Monday!










You got some great leaf shots. And Tetris - that's AWESOME!!! I like how you write too :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, I keep hoping for some snow, frost, anything to make my pictures more interesting. Unfortunately it hasn't happened yet.
ReplyDelete