Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Countdown Begins

The holiday season has officially begun, and I couldn't be more excited!! With tummies still full of turkey and pie, we decked our halls yesterday. And may I just say, I love decorating my house for Christmas. It just feels so much more homey to me. We have a new tree this year, which is fantastic. It's much nicer than our other one. And we actually have enough ornaments to fill it up finally!



This year, we also have two "new to us" advent calendars, from 2002-2003 that will help us count down the days. However, because we'll be gone during the calendar's climactic moment, we started a little early. The first three days are pictured below. Drew has the Electric Sleigh calendar. I don't know if that's the official name, but I call it such because of Santa's brilliantly colored ride. Mine features charming carolers.



On an entirely different note, our squirrels have been absolutely ravenous this year. They figured out an interesting way to reach the feeder, that amused our cats for quite a while.



It's been a great start to the season so far, including our first snow of the year. I can't wait to see what's to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment