Friday, January 1, 2010
Happy 2010!
Well the new year has officially begun. Many people view January 1st as a time to start anew. But I like to think of it simply as a new direction. A step up supported by the previous years of my life, if that makes sense. The thought of starting over brand new every year seems a little intimidating. For me, each new year brings a chance to reorganize and adjust, but not re-do entirely. In the words of George Orwell, " Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past." While maybe not the most optimistic words to ring in 2010, I think they hold true. It's nice to know that everything I worked for in previous years is not forgotten, but is building toward today and tomorrow and even the distant future. So here's to 2010! A chance to experience new things and take a new direction but also to appreciate the wonderful things our past has to offer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well said!
ReplyDeleteLove that icy branch shot too, btw.
ReplyDeleteHow did I just find this?? Hi ;)
ReplyDeleteHi Kay! Glad you found me. Although I have to warn you, my entries aren't very consistent. I'm working on the dedication part :)
ReplyDelete